Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Reconstructed sweatshirt

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c6/43/33/c643337d87f160d2978e86fc344a8ad0.jpg 
I love this sweatshirt!!
I had a plain grey hoodie in my drawer that I very rarely wore. It needed something on the front and sometimes the hoods on these things drive me crazy! I was considering cutting the hood off and adding some sort of collar but then...my daughter came to visit and brought some SC Select Club Whiskey that came in this nifty velvet bag.
She left me the bag when she went back to SC and I thought I would see what I could do with it. 
This was a really simple project and is a great way to keep those leftover bags that hold special weekend memories and not just throw them in a drawer as we all have a tendency to do. 
The first thing I did was cut the front and top off of the bag. Once it was centered and pinned to the front of the shirt, I used a zig zag stitch to attach it making sure to leave the pockets free. (The zig zag lets the knit of the sweatshirt still move.) I may still end up cutting off the hood but for right now I love this! I think about her every time I wear it! 
The whole thing took about an hour from start to finish and I was able to wear it to a neighbor's party that evening.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment