I think these would look nice as pillows for the family room if I have enough fabric left from the valances that I made a while back! They're incredibly comfy!
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Yesterday I made a pillow for our guest bed. After I finished the quilt, the room looked not quite "done". I found a tutorial and pattern for a "sprocket pillow" over at Cluck Cluck Sew. (She's asked on the website not to post a link directly to the tutorial so you'll have to search for it yourself!) I didn't follow her pattern exactly...the back of the pillow is made from the same "sprocket" cutouts as the front while she used a solid piece for the backing on her site. I also made a template from heavy cardboard and taped the instructions to the back so it could be used again. I used the same flannel for the pillow as I did for the comforter and it made a world of difference in the way the pillow looks on the bed! It's a very simple pattern that went together in no time! I think it might have taken me 1-1/2 hours from start to finish and I love the way it looks on the bed! And the room now looks like it's finished!