Friday, March 6, 2009

This weekend

One of the largest book sales in the area is this weekend! The Friends of the Library sponsor several book sales a year here. We live close to the county lines which means that I have access to 2 county library systems...which means LOTS of cheap books! One library sells the books for anywhere from 50 cent to 2 dollars. The other sale has what they call "Bag Day" on the last day. On the last day, you pay 8 dollars for a brown paper grocery bag and can take home all the books that will fit in the bag for the 8 bucks!!! This is usually a bad thing for my husband because I never buy just one bag. Do you know how many paperback books you can fit into one of those bags???
The sale this weekend is going to be at the fairgrounds in one of the exhibition halls. They bring in books by the tractor trailer load! Since the books are so cheap, it really lets me explore lots of different authors that I might have normally hesitated to buy. It really does broaden my options and lets me change the author to suit my mood. Since we spend lots of time on the beach, I can make sure that I never run out of something good to read.
One of my girlfriends was teasing me about the number of books in the closet (yes, they take up a whole closet and no I don't feel bad about it!). She wanted to know if I've ever counted the number of books I read in a year. I haven't but maybe I should. Since I always carry a book with me, I read all the time. It can keep me sane in traffic, standing in line, waiting at the doctor's office...And I'm not quite so frustrated with the wait times.
I can't wait to see what I find this weekend! And hey, I'm always looking for suggestions for what to do with the books when I've finished reading them. I can't donate them back to the library so my next thought would be Goodwill or maybe a hospital or nursing home?? Let me know what you think and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment