Thursday, February 26, 2009

The New Year...

What to do with my time?? I work in construction accounting by trade but I'm currently on a medical leave. I have a fear of becoming "brain dead" so I try to keep busy with any number of things. My favorites being reading, crafting and the Internet.
I've been crafting for as long as I can remember. I seem to focus manly on making jewelry right now but I've tried sewing, embroidery, cross stitch...pretty much anything is fair game! I love to make all sorts of things and try to keep the "dabbling" to a minimum due to the costs. I've started a notebook that includes the directions for things I'd like to try in the future. I flipped through it recently and realized that my interests are more varied than I realized. So I've
learned to look for the craft store coupons. It helps immensely to keep my fickleness from becoming outrageously expensive. I recently set up a shop on Etsy with the hopes that it would help pay for some of my crafting habits. Here's the link: Beechbaby's Stuff.

Here's a photo of the birthday present I recently made for my husband's birthday.
He was thrilled with it! (If any of you are Clemson fans, you'll recognize this as Tillman Hall.) I love the way this turned out! The photo looks like it's been actually printed on the tiles. I found the instructions on Instructables.com. It was a little scary at first and I think next time I need to add some caulking between the tiles for a more finished look. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment