Sunday, July 17, 2016

New place mats!


We finally bought new dishes! Then I realized that we needed new placemats to match 😞. It's also one of those times that my frugal habits would make things difficult. Sooo... I kept thinking that I would come across the exact match AND find them on sale. Six weeks later and nothing. Not even a "kinda match".
I ended up shopping the Joann website to see what kind of fabric I could find on sale. I found this great batik fabric that I had used a while ago to make some hot pads. It wasn't on sale that day. $12  a yard. Not happening in my world cause I would need 8 mats. Quick math told me that I would need close to 4 yards. I would also have to pay shipping. These mats were gonna cost a small fortune!
And then I checked my email. JoAnn had sent me a 60% off coupon!
And when I went back to the website, the fabric had been marked down to $9 a yard. I bought 4 yards and the site let me use my 60% off coupon. I didn't think it would work but it did!! (Most of the time those coupons only work for regularly priced items which I understand.)
I bought 4 yards and spent around $30 including shipping. Nice right? 😎
It took me, start to finish, roughly 2 1/2 hours to make 8. And they were finished in time for dinner with guests at the house. And they match our new dishes which makes me very happy. AND they were cheap!!
I also have enough left to make some more hot pads.





No comments:

Post a Comment